I often think homeschooling is about removing what we don’t like and encouraging more of what we do.
We have more control over things.
- If we try out a class and we don’t like it or the teacher then we don’t continue. In school you’d have no choice.
- If we don’t like hanging out with certain people, then we don’t waste our time doing so.
- If we don’t like a specific subject then we don’t pretend we are learning about it.
- If there is too much noise and disruption for our liking then we will go elsewhere.
We remove what we don’t like and replace it with what we do like.
- We find likeminded people we enjoy being around.
- Teachers who inspire us.
- We seek tranquility when we are reading. And noise when we have energy to burn.
- We embrace interests any time of the day.
It’s really quite simple. Can people really stop over complicating education?